Gauge Root Valves 6K & 10K
DK-LOK D-Pro Gauge Root Valves offer a safe way of positioning gauges and installing pressure switches. Packing below stem thread maintains in small, medium, and large bonnet valves on manifolds as well as on gauge root valves.
- Non-rotating stem tip at closure for long-life and leak-tight shutoff.
- Chevron PTFE packing design provides far improved sealing integrity.
- Packing below stem threads is to isolate threads from system fluid and lubricant washout.
- Packing bolt permits stem packing adjustment.
- Standard Lockplate ensures the valve fastened to the body even excessive operating torque is applied.
- 1/2 in. and 3/4 in. male to 1/2 in. female end connections, 1/2 in. female gauge ports standard, and minimum schedule 160 pipe wall on valve inlet.
- V46GRL has an extended 4.8 inch of pipe insulation while V46 series uses Medium Bonnet Valve: Orifice 5.0 mm (.196in.).
- Grafoil and Sour Gas options for a wide array of applications.
- Pressure Rating up to 6000 psig (413 bar).
- D-Pro Manifolds and Gauge root valves are designed to ASME B16.34 Class 2500 for pressure-temperature ratings.
- Pressure boundary wetted parts are selected to Chapter III, 123 Materials of ASME B31.1.
- Valve ratings are based on ASME process piping code B31.3.
- To determine pressure rating at 37 O C (100 O F) in accordance with Power piping code B31.1, multiply by 0.94 for stainless steel.
- Every manifolds and gauge root valve is factory tested with nitrogen @ 69 bar (1000 psig) for leakage at the seat to a maximum allowable leak rate of 0.1 SCCM.
- Stem packing is tested for no detectable leakage.
- Optional hydrostatic shell test is performed with pure water at 1.5 times the working pressure.
Packing adjustment and Actuation Torque:
- Extreme or rapid temperature cycle while valve in service may require packing adjustment. Tighten the packing bolt 1/16 turn clockwise.
- Valves that have not been actuated for a period of time may have a higher initial actuation torque.
Sour Gas Service:
- For use valve in sour gas, materials for wetted components are selected in accordance with NACE MR0175 latest revision.